Turning 30 is a huge birthday for me as so much has changed not only in the last decade but in the last year. It has been a wild, crazy and f*cked up ride. I’ve fallen in love, had my heart broken, stayed up all night, went to bed at 9pm, smoked the cigarettes, quit the cigarettes, died my hair blonde, died my hair ombre, died my hair dark brown, raved at music fests, yogi’d at yoga fests, lived in the city, lived out of the country, made friends, lost friends, traveled the world (19 countries and 39 states) and found my home (Chicago).
My 30’s are going to be my best years yet as I have learned so much from mistakes and really know what I want out of life. I am looking forward to this fierce new decade.
30 things I want to accomplish by 31
- Buying a home-Closing on August 15th!
- DIY something amazing for my condo
- Travel to South America
- Scuba dive the Great Blue Hole in Belize
- Get my Certificate in Meetings Management (CMM)
- Learn how to code
- Visit a new American city
- Go to a local yoga festival
- Make dinner for someone once a week
- Bike the entire 18 mile lakefront in Chicago
- Do something that scares me (Bungee Jumping or Sky Diving)
- Go hiking in Patagonia, Chile
- Trek to Machu Picchu Peru
- Find another cause to be involved in
- Grow my own food
- Get a facial or massage once a month
- Invest in something beyond just my savings
- Learn how to make homemade pasta
- Take an art class
- Go to the opera
- Eat at Alinea
- Give a speech
- Go to Coachella
- Go to Burning Man in an Airstream
- Learn about all of the religions and decide which one I believe in
- Do a food and drink crawl down the 606
- Read 30 books
- Visit all 77 neighborhoods in Chicago
- Do a food and drink crawl down the new river walk
- Take a road trip with friends
This year I am blessed to be spending the weekend with my closest friends going on wine tastings, kicking back by the pool and creating memories.
A look back at my last few birthday parties..