Austin, TX is a vibrant, fun and wild city with liberal attitudes not common compared to most of the rest of the state of Texas. With a booming food scene with talented chefs with Texas-size ambitions and the rock and roll swagger it is no wonder 164 people move to Austin, Texas everyday.
Things you must do:
- Bar hop on Rainey street and end the night with “dinner” from the food trucks
- Get BBQ, really anywhere but top picks are Franklin BBQ or Salt Lick
- Sail on Lady Bird Lake
- Watch the 1.5 million Mexican Free-Tailed bats emerge from underneath the Congress Bridge at dusk
- Walk through graffiti park
- Listen to live music and bar hop on East Sixth Street (Dirty Sixth), Only ONE night though!
- Eat breakfast tacos at Torchy’s
- Find water, either in the Barton hot springs or hotel pools, It’s HOT!